SAE USA offers a range of scholarships to assist students during their studies. Our scholarship program is about investing in future professionals and rewarding creative and academic excellence.
About our Scholarship Program
At SAE we support students in need and reward achievement, dedication and future potential. Our Scholarship Program offers the following scholarships to students accepted to certain programs that meet eligibility requirements:
Merit and Need Based Scholarships
- Merit or Need-Based
- Covers 25% of Program Cost
- Audio Technology and Music Business Programs
- Open to Domestic and International Students
Details on each scholarship, intakes, eligibility criteria and application process are given below. If you believe in your potential, apply now for one of our scholarships and show us why you think we should invest in you!
Read our Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Merit and Need Based Scholarships
A need and/or merit based scholarship providing financial assistance to a prospective student with limited financial means that is both hard-working and passionate about creative media and the entertainment industry.
Who can apply
Complete Application Package is due no later than 7 business days before the start date of the program
25% of Program Cost
Domestic applicants 18 years of age or older who are accepted into the Audio Technology or Music Business Program as full time students.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete these tasks:
- Complete and submit the SAE Application Form.
- Complete and file the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be filed prior to submitting this application. For the required Federal School Code or any other questions, please contact the campus Financial Aid Administrator.
- Provide a Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or employer. The letter can be delivered as a hard copy or via email. Contact information (phone and email) for the author of the letter must be included for verification of authenticity. A Letter of Recommendation cannot come from a family member or significant other.
- Write an Original Essay that explains the applicant’s career goals and how an education at SAE Institute will help achieve those goals. The essay must be 300 words or less and typed in single spaced 12 point Times New Roman or Helvetica.
- Complete and submit the Scholarship Application.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Scholarships Terms and Conditions
These scholarships are awarded in line with the following terms and conditions:
- Scholarship funds may only be used toward the cost of a SAE Diploma or Degree Program and may not be redeemed for cash value.Scholarship funds are non-transferable and may only be used for the program and term of study for which they were awarded.
- The scholarship is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for any monetary value whatsoever.
- SAE Institute will attempt to contact the selected recipient using the phone and email information provided on this application. If the recipient does not respond within 7 days of the first contact attempt, the scholarship offer will be rescinded.
- SAE Institute encourages all applicants to complete enrollment prior to applying for scholarships, as award notifications are not guaranteed before the start date of the term of study. Award notifications can be dependent on the number of scholarship applications submitted and can vary from 2 weeks before to 2 weeks after the start date of the program or term of study.
- If the recipient does not enroll or otherwise accept the scholarship by the commencement of classes for the intended program and term of study, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed periodically throughout the program. After the initial disbursement, the recipient must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and “good standing” as defined in the school catalog to continue to receive scholarship funds.
- If the recipient withdraws or is dismissed from the program, any remaining scholarship balance will be refunded to the Scholarship Fund after a Return to Title IV calculation is performed and refunded, if applicable.
- If the recipient fails to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and “good standing” as outlined in the school catalog, the scholarship will be forfeited and the recipient is liable for all remaining tuition charges that would have otherwise been paid by the scholarship.
- SAE Institute reserves the right to not award a scholarship if no applicant meets eligibility requirements and/or scholarship provisions as outlined above.
- Scholarships are not guaranteed, nor will a scholarship award secure a seat in the program or term of study for the recipient.