Develop and produce motion picture content for any medium such as the big screen, the small screen, handheld devices, the web, video installations, and more
SELECT A PROGRAM
AVAILABLE IN UNITED STATES
Digital Filmmaking Bachelor of Applied Science
The Digital Filmmaking Bachelor's of Applied Science degree program focuses on the foundations of technical competency using industry appropriate software and equipment, and is designed to get students into the industry in as few as 32 months.
The Digital Filmmaking degree program is an intensive practical and theoretical training program that prepares students to become successful in today’s media production industry. Students attending this program have the opportunity to learn both the technical and creative components of filmmaking as well as the essential business principles of the entertainment industry.
Each academic year you'll be immersed in project-based, hands-on courses while gradually accruing your general education requirements.
Freshmen Year: Communications & Critical Thinking, Introduction to Psychology, Still Photography & Digital Manipulation, Art Direction, Media Sound & Visual
Sophomore Year: Creative Writing, Mathematical Concepts, Visual Storytelling, Film History & Storytelling Techniques, Screenwriting, Directing
Junior Year: American History, Production 1: Narrative Shooting for Visual Effects, Post-Production 1 & 2 Music & Video, Title Design
Senior Year: Screenwriting for Final Project, Commercial Production, Funding & Distribution, Electives, Final Project
Bachelor's of Applied Science in Digital Filmmaking
- Emeryville, CA
Technical and Professional Skills
- Film Production
- Mobile Media
- Media Post Production
- Grip and Lighting
- Project Planning and Management
- Title Design
- Storytelling Techniques
- Funding and Distribution
- Professional Life Skills
Your learning experience
- A common core curriculum providing you with instruction in digital media literacy and 21st century design.
- Practice competitive skills such as shooting for visual effects, grip and lighting, storytelling techniques, project planning and management, editing, title design, basic music composition, funding, and distribution.
- Build your knowledge and skills on, and have access to, industry standard equipment.
- Be part of a team that nurtures your talents, and encourages you to reach your learning potential.
- Practical training in digital video, audio, and design paired with guided development such as critical thinking, résumé writing, and job interview practice.
- Create a series of projects and assets throughout the program specially developed to demonstrate knowledge to prospective employers.
- Production Assistant
- Production Manager
- Grip Camera Operator
- Script Supervisor
- Assistant Director
- Editor/Assistant Editor
- Post-Production Coordinator
- Casting Director
- Location Manager
- Production Designer
- Art Director
Enroll By: 10 Jul 2017
Start Date: 10 Jul 2017
End Date: 25 Apr 2020
For entry requirements, please see our Admissions section.
Fees and Payments
Tuition may be paid by cash, check, money order, or bank transfer. SAE Expression College also offers monthly payment plans with no interest or finance charges. These payments comply with state and federal requirements.
Class sizes are limited to maximize individual attention. Please refer to the campus catalog for specific class times or contact the campus to determine class time availability. Not all class times are offered every semester. Students also attend practical lab sessions, and these hours are scheduled on an individual basis during hours of school operation, and the maximum number of students is based on the number of available stations. Extra lab time may be reserved without additional charge, subject to availability. Students may also be required to attend seminars/workshops for specific courses. Please refer to the Workshop Component section in the course catalog for details.