Applying for Benefits

There are four ways to apply for benefits:

  1. Apply online today if you know which benefit you want to use.
  2. Visit your nearest Veterans Affairs Regional Office to apply in person.
  3. Consult with the Veterans Affairs Certifying Official who is usually in the Registrar's or Financial Aid office at the school of your choice. This official has application forms and can help you apply.
  4. Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.

You can use the Veterans Affairs interactive map to find out the average processing time for educational claims. The processing time will vary based on your regional processing office.