SAE Institute to Host Music Expo
Emeryville, CA -
Miami, FL -
18 Mar 2019
SAE Institute to Host Music Expo
18 Mar 2019
MUSIC EXPO IN ASSOCIATION WITH SOUND ON SOUND ANNOUNCES Newly Added Panelists Joining Keynote Speaker and 3X Grammy-winning Producer Gary Noble include; Mayte Alvarez,Sony Music Latin’s Kary-An Diaz, Angie Martinez, Rich Mendez, Seitrack International Partner Luana Pagani and Representatives from Deezer, SoundExchange, Warner Chappell and more
Program Expanded to Include Tracks Covering Music Production,
Music Business and Urbano/LatinX Music
MUSIC EXPO MIAMI (3/30)
Hosted by SAE Institute the Initial Lineup Includes Award-Winning Producers and Engineers Newly Added Music Industry Executives to the Programming for the First Time
4X Grammy-Winning Producer Paul F. Irizarry "ECHO"
Grammy-Nominated Producers; ill Factor, Frank Socorro and Gabriel Alvarez
Acclaimed Audio Engineers; Maria Elisa Ayerbe (Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, J.Lo)
Valentina Alvarez (Daddy Yankee, Luis Fonsi, The Voice)
Pandora Music’s Marcos Juárez
Interscope Records’ Nicole Bilzerian
Deezer's Oscar Castellano
Tickets Are Available at www.MusicExpo.co/Miami
San Francisco, Calif. (Mar. 18, 2019) - Music Expo, the multi-city conference series for music makers, in association with Sound On Sound magazine announces keynote speaker Gary Noble for Music Expo Miami hosted by SAE Institute on Sat., March 30th. Noble is a 3X Grammy-winning Mix Engineer who has worked with artists including Ricky Martin, Nas and Amy Winehouse. Music Expo Miami’s initial lineup will include 4X Grammy-winning Producer Paul F. Irizarry "ECHO," award-winning Producers; ill Factor, Frank Socorro, Gabriel Alvarez, and acclaimed Audio Engineers Maria Elisa Ayerbe and Valentina Alvarez. For the first time, Music Expo Miami will add top music industry executives to the programming, including representatives from Deezer, Interscope Records, Pandora, and Sound Exchange. Tickets for Music Expo Miami are on sale now at http://www.musicexpo.co/miami. The full lineup and program highlights to be announced. For more information, visit http://www.musicexpo.co.
“We’ve been fortunate to be able to host Gary at several of our Music Expo events. As a highly-respected Mix Engineer and expert in his field, we are always grateful to have him share his knowledge and talent with attendees,” said Loïc Maestracci, Founder of Music Expo.
“I always look forward to Music Expo, because I get to meet and greet with fellow industry heads and share my experience with upcoming engineers and producers,” said Noble. “Not to mention all the great gear and software demos. If you’re into music, sound design, post production etc... make sure you don’t miss it.”
Newly added panelists in addition to previously announced include; Royalty Collection and Copyright Assurance Consultant Mayte Alvarez, Sony Music Latin’s Director of Communications Kary-An Diaz (Shakira, Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias), Rich Mendez, Seitrack International Partner Luana Pagani (Alejandra Guzman, Benny Ibarra, Paty Cantu), and Entertainment Attorney Angie Martinez, who has worked with artists including Pitbull, Tego, and Calderon, and alongside the business affairs and legal teams at EMI/Capitol.
Program highlights include:
- Keynote: Mixing in The Box with Gary Noble - Join Grammy-winning Engineer/Producer Gary Noble (Faith Evans, Anthony Hamilton, Nas, Amy Winehouse) as he discusses his hit-making mixing in-the-box techniques, and shares his proven techniques developed using large consoles and hardware equipement to the box and applicable to any DAW for any independent artist.
- Beat Breakdown with The Pushers ft. Master Engineer Quazo - Miami based, Grammy-winning production team The Pushers (Meek Mill, Kendrick Lamar, Tech Ni9e, Lil Wayne, John Legend) will breakdown one of their beats with Master Engineer Quazo of 5020 Studios.
- Overcoming Creative Blocks in your DAW Presented by Steinberg - This session will look at a different aspect of a DAW in overcoming creativity in the production process. Learn to explore new chord progression with the chord track, play new parts using chord pads, use of arpeggios and LFOS, and quickly create arrangements. This masterclass is presented in association with Steinberg.
- Get Yer Money! - In 2018, Congress passed the Music Modernization Act, celebrated by musicians, streaming services, record labels and consumer group alike. Still, for new artists, the multiple revenue streams remain complex to understand. This panel will cover the ins and outs of collecting royalties, distributing your music, and landing syncs. Learn what can help you get paid more.
- Urbano Reached Critical Mass in 2018. Now Can It Be Normalized? - Join Grammy Award-winning producer and engineer Paul Irizarry “ECHO”, Txema Rosique, Senior Director, A&R US & Latin America, and awarded producers Guillermo Lefeld and James Joubran (Hit Central Records) as they discuss how Spanish-language music is making it in the American mainstream and what it means for latin urban pop producers and artists
- Mixing Masterclass: Making Your Drums Stand Out Presented by Leapwing Audio - Maria Elisa Ayerbe (Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, JLo) discusses her proven techniques to take a mix to the next level and make it stand out, applicable to any independent artist in any genre. Don't miss the opportunity to discover the tools, tricks, tips and techniques behind crafting larger-than-life drum sounds. This masterclass is presented in association with Leapwing Audio.
Sponsors for 2019 include Yamaha and Steinberg. Presented in association with Sound On Sound magazine, additional media sponsors confirmed thus far include Gearslutz, Making Music, and Tape Op. Programming partners confirmed thus far include SoundGirls, an organization to empower women in audio and the Audio Engineering Society (AES). More sponsors and partners to be announced.
Register for Music Expo Miami today to be connected with thousands of music creators who have attended Music Expo conferences across the country. For the latest Music Expo Miami updates, please visit http://www.musicexpo.co/miami or follow Music Expo on Facebook and Twitter.
Music Expo Miami is one in a series of conferences for music makers held nationwide. Upcoming Music Expo events include Music Expo Nashville (9/21) and Music Expo San Francisco (11/9 and 11/10).
Suggested Hashtags: Music Expo Miami - #MXM Music Expo Nashville - #MXN Music Expo San Francisco - #MXSF
ABOUT MUSIC EXPO
Music Expo in association with Sound On Sound magazine, is a for profit, multi-city conference series to inspire music makers. Music Expo presents annual events nationwide in cities including Boston, Miami, Nashville and San Francisco and offers attendees up-close access to some of the world’s top DJs, producers, artists, engineers, songwriters, music industry tastemakers and leading technology brands. Founded in 2014, Music Expo provides pros and aspiring talent the opportunity to learn from some of the most successful music creators and has connected thousands of music makers across the country. Every year, Music Expo donates a portion of proceeds to help support non-profit organizations making an impact in their local community. Music Expo is committed to celebrating diversity and the inclusion of women and minorities. For more information, visit https://musicexpo.co/ or follow Music Expo on Facebook and Twitter.
ABOUT SOUND ON SOUND
Based in Cambridge, England and independently-owned, Sound On Sound has been delivering a quality monthly print magazine since 1985 and is recognized internationally as the 'bible' of the music recording industry. Every month our UK and USA editions deliver consistently more pages than any competing title, packed full of in-depth product tests of Recording Systems, Music Software: DAWs, Virtual Instruments, Plug-ins, Synthesizers, Keyboards & Rack Modules, Music Computers, Samplers, Audio Interfaces, Effects & Signal Processors, Mixing Consoles and not forgetting studio essentials like Microphones and Monitors, plus the best Musician/Mix Engineer/Record Producer interviews you'll read anywhere. Our regular Tutorials and practical 'how to' Workshops offer no-nonsense advice, to help readers gain the most from their studio tools - at all levels of expertise. The SOS website draws over 1.3 million unique visitors each month.www.soundonsound.com.
ABOUT SAE INSTITUTE
SAE Institute provides aspiring creative media professionals with a foundation of practical theory and valuable hands-on training in their chosen areas of concentration. Under the guidance of industry experienced faculty, students gain the essential experience they need for entry-level jobs in the creative media industry. Students are supported in their job searches by SAE Institute’s international network of alumni, many of who are leaders in the music, film, game arts, and live performance arenas. SAE Institute offers accredited programs in Audio, Animation, Film, Games, and Entertainment Business focused on preparing students for employment in the creative media industry upon graduation. SAE Institute Group, Inc. is a part of Navitas LTD. Learn more at usa.sae.edu.