International Student Visa Information
How to Prepare for the US Student Visa Interview
The visa interview is the most important step in the visa application process. During your interview, a U.S. consular officer will ask questions and review your documents to determine if you are qualified to receive a visa. The interview may end in less than a minute if you are not able to answer questions in a satisfactory manner.
- Make a positive first impression
- Speak for yourself—don’t expect a parent to help
- Answer in English
- Explain your connections to your home country
- Explain your study plan
- Share how your studies will prepare you for employment in your home country
- Explain financial support plans for your dependents
- Be prepared to react well if your application is denied
Get the full details in our downloadable guide below.
The information provided is general advice; this information is not intended to replace formal advice from the U.S. Department of State. SAE Institute is not liable for any actions based on the general advice herein.