About New York
New York City is a diverse, multi-cultural environment, known for its energy and cosmopolitanism. It is a center for media, culture, food, fashion, art, research, finance, and trade. Widely regarded as a world cultural melting pot, NYC has representatives from virtually every nation in the world.
SAE is located in the heart of Chelsea, Manhattan's burgeoning technology district, also home to Google and other advertising, new media, and financial technology start-ups.
Attractions and Events:
- Start in Lower Manhattan at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island for a dose of history
- Take a walk down Wall Street and visit the September 11th Memorial
- Make your way to Midtown to take in all the major sights - the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building
- Attend a sporting event or concert at Madison Square Garden
- Visit Grand Central, the NY Public Library, and Rockefeller Plaza - home to the famous Christmas Tree and Skating Rink during the winter
- Take in a Broadway show or get blinded by the bright lights running 24/7 in Times Square
- Have a picnic in the world-famous Central Park during the Spring or Summer
For complete listing of events, attractions, deals and more please visit: nycgo.com
Local Services in New York
In an emergency call: 911 (Ambulance, Fire, Police)
For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222
Weather Advisories: For real-time weather information visit the National Weather Service
For legal advice and information, visit Legal Services NYC.
To obtain representation, contact the NYC Bar's Legal Referral service.
For International students, please note that serious matters should be directed to your country’s consulate.
There are a numerous banks and Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) in Chelsea. Bank operating hours and days may vary, depending on the institution. ATMs are accessible 24 hours a day. Below is a list of popular banks.
The Internet is readily available on campus during opening hours.
You can purchase portable broadband Wi-Fi and plug and play devices (pre-paid or on a contract/plan) from the service providers below. It is worth doing your research to make sure you get a deal that suits your needs and budget.
New York Presbyterian Hospital
722 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032
T: (212) 305-2500
One Medical Group
408 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10014
CityMD Walk-In Clinic
14 West 14th Street, New York, NY 10011
Places of Worship
New York is an accepting and multicultural community welcoming people of all religious beliefs. Below is a list of the closest places of worship to the SAE campus for several faiths.
The Church of the Ascension
12 West 11th Street
New York, NY 10011
The Sixteenth Street Synagogue
3 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
30 Cliff Street
New York, New York 10038
Church of St. Francis Xavier
46 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011
Mahayana Temple Buddhist Association
133 Canal Street, New York, NY 10002