With an eclectic combination of sophisticated chic and urban grittiness Miami is a creative, exciting and dynamic city. Expect to be enthralled and surprised by what Miami has on offer!
Located in South Florida, Miami experiences a steady, tropical climate throughout the year with hot summers and warm winters.
- Head to our many beaches in any season for a real Miami experience
- Check out the amazing street art and good eats in Midtown
- Hang out in the buzzing cafes and bars on South Beach
- Hop on the tram to historic Wynwood – Miami’s colourful and eclectic arts playground
- Winter Music Conference
- Ultra Music Festival
- Miami International Boat Show
- Urban Latin Music Festival
- Food Network's Sobe Wine and Food Festival
- Nine Mile Music Festival
- Calle Ocho
- Miami International Film Festival
- Sony Open Tennis
- Coconut Grove Arts Festival
- Jazz in the Gardens Festival
- Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run
- Best of the Best Concert and Festival
- Goombay Caribbean Festival
- Miami Spice
- Funkshion Fashion Week
- Urban Beach Week
- Miami Fashion Week
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
- Art Basel Miami
- South Miami Arts Festival
- Miami International Book Fair
- Miami Carnival
- Nascar Ford Championship Weekend
- King Mango Strut Parade
- Miami International Auto Show
Additional links and resources
Local Services in Miami
In an emergency call: 911 (Ambulance, Fire, Police)
If it’s not an emergency but it could be serious, call the Miami Police Department at 305-603-6640. Qualified staff will give you advice on who to talk to and how quickly you should do it.
For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222
Weather Advisories: For real-time weather information visit the National Weather Service
For legal advice and information, visit Legal Services of Greater Miami.
To obtain representation, contact the Miami's Bar's Legal Referral service.
Please note that serious matters should be directed to your country’s consulate.
There are a numerous banks and Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) in Miami. Banks are typically open from Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm (except on public holidays) and hours will vary per bank on the weekends. Most US banks offer mobile banking and ATMs are accessible 24 hours a day.
The Internet is readily available on campus during opening hours.
You can purchase portable broadband Wi-Fi and plug and play devices (pre-paid or on a contract/plan) from the service providers below. It is worth doing your research to make sure you get a deal that suits your needs and budget.
20900 Biscayne Blvd Aventura, FL 33180T: (305) 682-7000
Fast Care Urgent Care Center
20601 E Dixie Hwy #340 Aventura, FL 33180T: (786) 923-4000
Dayton Medical Center
18600 Collins Ave Sunny Isles, FL 33160T: +61 (03) 9944 6200
Places of Worship
Miami is an accepting and multicultural community welcoming people of all religious beliefs. Below is a list of the closest places of worship to the SAE Miami campus for several faiths.
King of Glory Anglican Church254 Curtiss Pkwy, Miami Springs, FL 33166
Tibetan Yungdrung Bon Buddhist Temple 353 W 47th St, Miami Beach, FL 33140
St Lawrence Catholic Church2200 NE 191st St, Miami, FL 33180
Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center20400 NE 30th Ave, Miami, FL 33180
Ismaili Council for Florida12094 Miramar Pkwy, Miramar, FL 33025
Grace Uniting Community Church901 NW 183rd St, Miami, FL 33169